TINA'S BOOKCASE OF FUN FACTS
1. Cactus touch-lamp: Bought on my first trip to CA to visit my brother in 2001. It's kitschy and I love it.
2. Most Vulnerable Award: Presented to me at my 1st improv camp in 2019 (you can message me for the deets if you want). I'm so excited to attend Camp Improv Utopia again this year!
3. Mousters Degree: I graduated from Disney's College Program and got these sweet, tasseled mouse-ears.
4. Gigantic set of teeth: Reminding me of the heavy metal braces I wore from 2015-2018 and the residing royalty (i.e. crowns-a-plenty)
5. The Mom Shelf: My mother passed away when I was 20. Her absence has made a huge impact on my life and this little nook helps keep her memory alive. (From left to right: A boob mug she made in ceramics class a year after I was born, her high school picture, a bottle of her favorite perfume, Chanel No.5, and a small music box that plays We've Only Just Begun by The Carpenters - my parents' wedding song).
6. Family portrait: My friend, Ren, created this perfect sketch of me, Ryan (my spouse), and two of our cats, Hubble & Penny.
7. Fluff pennant: My favorite sandwich growing up was peanut butter, Fluff, and Fritos (smooshed in the middle).
8. Vintage tin toys: These are a few classic amusement park rides and they move!
9. Pigeon statue: Pigeons are cool AF.
Tina's professional background in improv and sketch comedy has given her an inherent foundation to create interesting and complex characters through physicality and logicality ("If this is true, what else is true?"). She genuinely wants to bring authenticity to the world the author has created and engage the listener to feel like they're right there discovering with her. Tina's youthful energy and timeless soul lends itself to a range of genres from Middle Grade/YA and Cozy Mysteries to Romance and Sci-Fi/Fantasy.
When she's not narrating, Tina teaches improv & performs at the Kismet Improv theater. She is also a "Sparkling Beatnik" in the Empire Revue. Together they write, produce, and present a new sketch show every few months accompanied by a live band. She loves any and all opportunities to make props, dive into her extensive wig collection, and curate the perfect costume/persona for each of her characters.
Tina loves a trivia night. Her special skills include the "name that tune" round and her knowledge of pop culture from the 80's-00's. She enjoys hamming it up at karaoke, binging reality tv shows, and snuggling with her 3 cats: Hubble, Penelope, and Louise. Tina is also married to an amazing human who she met while working together at a local record store over 20 years ago.